I Want to Create a Business Pinterest Account, But Where Do I Start?
So you have taken the time to analyze if you should create a business Pinterest account, now it is time to get started. First you must decide if you would like to connect your business to your personal account or if you would like to create an account for your business exclusively. Here are the pros and cons of both.
Personal vs. Business
- You can connect your account to your personal Facebook page. By doing this you will be able to gain a following from your current friends on Facebook.
- If your brand and company revolves around you and you are the heart of the company, then letting people see a little of your personal life is not a bad thing.
- You will be forever connected to your brand, making the following you gather on your personal page, not be able to be transferred if you ever decided to sell your company.
- Your account will be customized for just your brand and for your customers, there will be no irrelevant boards as would be the case with a personal account.
- The account will be part of your brand and if you ever sell it will be able to enhance your brand and potentially increase the value of your company.
- Only business accounts will be able to have access Pinterest Analytics, similar to Facebook Insights, but for Pinterest (you must verify your account to have these, but it is very simple to do--that will be covered later this week).
- You will not be able to incorporate your Facebook friends to stimulate your following (Facebook can only be connected to one account, so if you already have a personal account you will not be able to connect the business page). You will be able to connect your company twitter account.
- A little more work will need to be done to start people following you since you cannot connect your personal or business Facebook accounts.
Once you have decided which type of account is best for you, it is then time to start an account. In my opinion, any business should create a Business Account, even though it is a little more work to start, but to me the benefits outweigh the costs. But if you should choose to only have a personal account, you can create one here.
Tomorrow I will cover the ins and outs of creating a business account, so stay tuned.
I may not be able to take you out for that drink, but I am here to help get your marketing on the right track. If you are business owner that feels like they are struggling in today’s digital marketing, then look no further. We are here to help you be able to get back to what you do best and we can handle the rest.
Click the “Contact Us Now” button to get started. If you would like a sample of the ideas we could generate for you, click here for a free digital marketing report, custom-made for your company. Even if you are not in Tulsa, I also do have consulting available for you to purchase to get one-on-one help from me to kick-start your next project, company, idea…the skies the limit. Click here for more info on those services.