Starting a New Business Pinterest Account? Here's How...
After your deliberation, between personal or a business Pinterest account, you may have decided that a business account was the best option for you. Personally I feel every brand that wants to be on Pinterest should have a separate business account and never use a personal one, but that is just my two cents. Read the article below for those that want to know how to start a business account.
Getting Started with a Business Pinterest Account
Below are the steps you need to take to create your account:
- Click the link here to Join Pinterest as a Business.
- Fill out all of the information in the fields shown.
- Be sure to pick a username for your page that is relevant to your company, such as your company name. If that is not available, try shortened versions. Your username will aid people in finding you.
- ALWAYS upload a profile picture. This can be your logo or the face of your brand like the CEO or owner. I would recommend your logo, but regardless NEVER create an account with an irrelevant profile image. When you are pinning and people find you, your profile is the first thing they will see, so it must be relevant to your brand.
- If you already have a personal Pinterest account and wish to convert this account you may do so by clicking the "Convert" link at the top of this page. Pinterest will lead you through the instructions on the conversion.
- Once you have clicked the "Create Account" button, you will be asked to follow your first 5 boards. You can select boards to follow using the interests section on the left-hand side. Pick brands and people to follow that bolster your brand. Such as companies that provide information that your customers will value.
- Then click "Next" once you have followed at least 5 boards. You can of course follow more than 5, but this just gets you started.
- Once your first 5 boards are created, you are taken to your business page. Here there are 4 next steps for you to take.
- The first is to verify your website. This is one of the most essential steps, as only websites that are verified will be access to Pinterest Analytics (like Facebook Insights). Once you click on the button to verify, simply follow the instructions. You will need access to the back-end of your website to complete this process.
- The next button encouraged you to create boards.
- Now the first row of boards on your page are the most important, as they are the ones that your page visitors will focus their attention on.
- For me I would focus on your company, such as your products or your company culture in the first and/or second board. The rest of your boards can elevate your company brand and value to your customer. Pinterest frowns on pages who only self promote, so you must make sure that you pin and repin things other than from your site, such as boards of inspiration for your company and/or customer.
- The 3rd starting point is to begin pinning and download the "pin" button into your web browser. This will make it easier to upload pins from various sites you visit within your browser directly to your board without having to have the Pinterest page open.
- The last step is to add a "Pin it" button to your website. You can choose to use their system or you can insert a Pinterest "Pin it" button using a plugin on your website (most websites have the ability to configure multiple social media applications, including Pinterest).
After finishing the steps, you are ready to begin promoting your account to your customers! Having a business page is great, but if no one knows about it, you are just wasting your time. Tomorrow I will focus on more advanced tactics that will help truly grow your page. But in the meantime ...Happy Pinning!
I may not be able to take you out for that drink, but I am here to help get your marketing on the right track. If you are business owner that feels like they are struggling in today’s digital marketing, then look no further. We are here to help you be able to get back to what you do best and we can handle the rest.
Click the “Contact Us Now” button to get started. If you would like a sample of the ideas we could generate for you, click here for a free digital marketing report, custom-made for your company. Even if you are not in Tulsa, I also do have consulting available for you to purchase to get one-on-one help from me to kick-start your next project, company, idea…the skies the limit. Click here for more info on those services.